You must have the following to be eligible to apply for teaching training in the United Kingdom:
- You must have a grade C or above in GCSE English or a standard equivalent.
- You must have a grade C or above in GCSE Mathematics or a standard equivalent.
- PRIMARY ONLY. You must have a grade C or above in GCSE Science or standard equivalent.
Please note that The Coventry SCITT can offer an equivalency test in any of the above at its discretion if the applicant does not meet that criterion.
- You must hold a first degree of a United Kingdom higher education institution or equivalent.
Please not that if you have not completed your first degree on applying to The Coventry SCITT, the SCITT can still interview you as long as the original degree certificate is seen before the commencement of the teacher training year.
If you hold international qualifications, please visit the NARIC website (https://www.naric.org.uk/naric/) to check their equivalency.
- You must have passed the professional skills tests prior to course commencement. It is advisable to have at least booked the tests before interview. It is highly recommended that you have passed the skills tests before attending interview.
You must undergo a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check before you are able to work with young people.