Why train to teach
Teaching is a very rewarding profession because you get to see first-hand the difference that you are making to a young person and the impact that it has on their future. If you enjoy working with young people and you are committed to ensuring the best outcomes for them then we’d be interested to hear from you. Teaching is also a life-long career with lots of promotion and development opportunities. Teaching is more than a job; it’s an exciting career where you get to make a difference to people’s lives every day of the week. Click on the below to find out more:
Why train to teach with The Coventry SCITT
The Coventry SCITT is run by teachers in schools and the bespoke high quality training has been written and delivered by consistently outstanding teachers. We know that learning how to teach does not just happen overnight, it takes time and support and that is what The Coventry SCITT will give to you. You can expect the following from The Coventry SCITT:
- By the end of the year you will have QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) and a PGCE from Birmingham City University which is 60 MA credits.
- We will give you as much support as possible to complete your full MA after your training year.
- All 4 Teaching Schools in Coventry are involved in the SCITT, offering excellent training venues and facilities as well as writing and delivering the training.
- We have training hubs all around Coventry, hosted by our partner schools where you can speak to other trainees, gain advice from mentors or simply plan your lessons.
- The training has all been written by outstanding teachers to help to ensure that you are delivering good or outstanding lessons by the end of your training year.
We are committed to providing many layers of support to ensure that you flourish. You will have a subject mentor who will meet with you weekly as well extra mentors to give you extra support and guidance.